Karl Wilson has been a journalist for more than 35 years. He began his career on the The Australian in 1972. In 1976 was posted to London where he covered assignments in Northern Ireland, Europe and Africa. For the last 20 years he was based in Asia where he was foreign editor of the South China Morning Post, editor of the Sunday Standard, foreign editor of the Eastern Expressand editor of The Standard in Hong Kong.
From 2004 till August 2009 he was bureau chief in Manila for Agence France-Presse. From September 2009 to December 2010 he was the Philippine correspondent for The National in Abu Dhabi. He returned to Australia in 2011 and was appointed Australia/South East Asian correspondent for the China Daily Asia Weekly.
Karl has been a lecturer with the Konrad Adenauer Asian Centre for Journalism at the Ateneo University where he has designed courses on international reporting, conflict and peace reporting.
He was co-author with John Lyons of Marcos and Beyond published in 1986 and has contributed to a number of books including HONG KONG 1997: A city on the Edge published by Agence France-Presse in 1996; Eyewitess on Asia published for the Foreign Correspondents’ Club of Hong Kong and Dateline Manila published by Anvil Press.
News & Features
- A Festival that Transcends Boundaries — China Daily — January 28th, 2011
- A Philippine Peace Process — The Diplomat — August 19th, 2010
- Violent Deaths Lay Bare Philippines’ Politics —The National — February 4th, 2010
- Arroyo Draws Criticism for Martial Law — Christian Science Monitor — December 7th, 2009.
- 400,000 Evacuated as Typhoon lashes Philippines — The Telegraph — October 3rd, 2009
- Dark Times for Journalism in The Philippines — AFP — March 2nd, 2009
- Muslims in Philippines Looking for a Homeland — Manila Times — September 17th, 2008
- 22 Years after Marcos, Filipinos still Unhappy — The Inquirer — February 24, 2008
- Crony Capitalism Keeps Philippines Stagnant —The Standard — February 24th, 2006
- Bataan Nuclear Plant Costs $155,000 a Day but No Power — Energy Bulletin — June 30, 2004
- Rare Eagle Takes Flight in Philippines — Mail & Gaurdian Online — April 22nd, 2004
Please navigate to Appearance → Widgets in your WordPress dashboard and add some widgets into the Sidebar widget area.